lundi 19 juin 2017

DWS : Arc Bridge

On the 15th June, Chris Sharma came to visit the France and especially the Ardeche region where is located the famous "Pont d'Arc". For your knowledge, you also can visit the preserved figurative cave painting in the world which is the most prehistoric art sites.
So after a quick phone conversation, I joined my french friend, Fred who is the writer of the Grimper mag and he proposed some time ago, the project of climbing this arch to Chris. I went dow from my mountain to have a photo-shotting with the King. Glad to have the honor to participate at this session and for sure to meet my friend after while. I will know explain everything about the ascent of Chris in the arch because you can read at the french website of GRIMPER
After two days, we met for the last day without any photographer or filmmaker to enjoy our climbing without any pressure. Chris decided to look forward a new line which makes me psyched to find my way. So much excited, I pick up my climbing shoes and other gears to attempt my first try. Waow! I am getting back my old feelings from the 2007 in Majorca. 


I just find out that my history with the DWS was wrote after that Chris established the Es Pontas line. Coincidence or not, I opened a long 6B to the left of Es Pontas line and this year, Chris climbed the highest line that he never made. As a teenager, I am enjoying the experience like I never quit it! Amazing sensations when you climb up under the flat river and the rock is not clean as well because pigeons are on the small terraces to make their cocoons. What is incredible with this practice, it is to combine the bouldering practice with the soloing without "risks". There are always risks in every practice but this one is mixing with also the soloing. Maybe the comparison is not with right terms but I guess you get my point.





After the leaving of Chris, Pol Roca and Ricardo, I am focusing my last two weeks to try my line as I could before the tourism invasion.

Keep cross your fingers for me annd thank you to have read me :-)

Philippe Ribiere

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire